Saturday, January 7, 2012

Posted via MySocialBlend

(revised) A big question in this hour is "What can I DO to grow my Church, Ministry ect.?" As a result may slick "church and ministry marketing experts" have arisen touting "You cannot lose with what I use". Buy my church growth kit, evangelism book or crusade ministry tools and you are guaranteed to grow in 6 months, baptise or have 200 get the Holy Ghost!" Their tweets of the "success" of their ministry fill our i-phones and other smart phones. Hmm, guaranteed? What about Gods law of the harvest? To attempt to force a "harvest" in a church that is not in in the "season" of God's harvest can be dangerous to that assembly. God works by laws of times, seasons and harvest. What may work for one man in one city may not necessarily be what God has instituted for another. True revival and harvest is not a "method or program" that can be packaged, marked and sold to the masses with a guarantee to work everywhere. Pastor, seek the face of God to find what HE want YOU to do to reach your city. What season are you an the church you serve in?True harvest comes from simple obedience to the call and plan of God for OUR lives, Churches and Ministries. True fruit (souls) according to John 15 comes from our intimacy from Him. What many super aggressive "soul winners" running around this country are missing is that if a pastor or church dos not have th proper daily relationship with HIM, then fruit cannot be produced. This would be like trying to see a orange tree produce fruit by tying oranges on them. They simply fall off an die after a short period of time. We parade across our conference platforms and tweet our "instant success results" but are we simply "tying fruit" to some churches tree? Is this why the 250 that received the Holy Ghost in our recent "block party" can't be found two months after the meeting? Fruitful Ministries come from the inside out – from who we are – not from what we do! God wants us to trust not in principles, methods, or formulas, no matter how “biblical” they seem. God wants us to trust in HIM!  Our responsibility is to obey – God’s job is to produce results (1 Cor 3:6).
God help us that we may repent from touting our "skills" and "abilities" as though it was something we did that brought results. Pastor, Evangelist, Prophet, Teacher act.. you were "successful" the day you stepped out in obedience to Him! Stay faithful to what He i telling you to do. Don't envy an others fruit and try to copy their "method". Don;'t seek for an itinerant minister to "bring the answer what to do?"Simply draw close to Him, "abiding" in Him and leave the "fruit" in His Hands! John 5:30 AMP "I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord—but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision], and My judgment is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me." John Arcovio

No comments:

Post a Comment